- AP/Newsday ~ Poll: Bloomberg approval at 3-year low
- SI Advance ~ Michael Bloomberg's approval rating down 9 percent: Mayor Michael Bloomberg's approval ratings have dropped by almost double digits in the last seven weeks, likely the result of a nose-diving economy and a controversial term limits bill he pushed through City Council, results of a Marist College poll released today indicate.
- CNN Political Ticker: Bloomberg approval rating takes a hit
(currently one of the top national stories)
- NY Times: Bloomberg’s Approval Rating Slips in Poll (of the 46 comments as of this moment, 44 were critical of Bloomberg's term limits move)
- Yonkers Tribune: NYC Voters Disagree With Term Limit Extension
- NY1, Reuters, Crain's, NY Observer, et cetera, et cetera
Also, the Daily News analyzes the Working Family Party's claims of electoral victory, partially based their strong stance against Bloomberg's term extension. They also write about Anthony Weiner taking the high road.
Whew! Much more ink and many more pixels will be spilled on this, especially since there are national implications. The Guardian reports about one of Obama's new appointees, Patrick Gaspard:
Gaspard played a crucial role in SEIU's decision to come out against New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg in his bid to overturn term-limits rules and run for re-election, according to the Daily News report.